Patient & Family Advisors
Who are Patient & Family Advisors?
Patient family advisors are people who either have been patients at our hospital or have been caregivers for a patient.
We collaborate with Patient Family Advisors to make sure that our patients receive care and services that they require. They support and give insights to help us make hospital policies that benefit patients.
How do Patient & Family Advisors Help You?
Since they have experienced our hospital’s care facilities, patient and family advisors have great insight and experiences in caring for their sick relatives. They help us by -
- Patient stories - They share their experiences and stories with us at meetings which help us provide better care to you.
- Developing patient education resources - PFAs help us create and improve patient education resources.
- Initiatives - They help us organize health camps for patients and create short projects which help the community.
- Recruitment of Hospital Staff - PFAs help us recruit good providers and nurse staff for the hospital.
Qualities of a Good Patient & Family Advisors
- Empathy & compassion
- Maintain confidentiality
- Team players
- Good listeners
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to share their knowledge & experience
We are looking for volunteers who want to join us and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
If you are interested in becoming a Patient & Family Advisor at Hill Regional Hospital, please fill out the form given below.